10-Second Tip: Know Where NOT to Park on a Youth Ministry Trip
At the NATIONAL YOUTH WORKERS CONVENTION, we stopped youth workers from all across the U.S. and asked them to share a 10-second youth ministry tip.
THE 10-SECOND TIP:
“When you take your teens to the city for a youth group activity and it’s late at night, and you come out and you think your van’s been stolen, make sure you haven’t parked in front of the 8-foot ‘NO PARKING’ sign.”
MY ADDED THOUGHTS:
When you’re planning a trip with your students—especially if it’s a city you aren’t familiar with—be sure to spend time orienting yourself with the area you’ll be in. Find the answers to important questions like:
- What are the paid and free parking options? Will you have to walk a few blocks after you park?
- Do we need to plan extra travel time for traffic during the specific times we’ll be in the area?
- What food options are around the area?
- Where are the closest public restrooms?
- If it storms, where can find shelter?
- If there is an emergency, where is the closest hospital?
You might have to plan a pre-trip site visit so that you can spend time driving around and finding these things. It will pay off in the long run by helping you get where you need to go safely and on-time.
Join us this year for the National Youth Workers Convention in Cincinnati, OH for way more tips and ministry ideas from the 50+ seminars and training opportunities. Register early for NYWC to save BIG: NYWC.COM.
Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in the YS Blog are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the opinion or position of YS.