10-Second Tip: Think About The Tea Drinkers
At the NATIONAL YOUTH WORKERS CONVENTION, we stopped youth workers from all across the U.S. and asked them to share a 10-second youth ministry tip.
THE 10-SECOND TIP:
“For all you youth pastors who have volunteers who drink tea—not coffee—make sure you have tea on every trip because we need it just as much as you.”
MY ADDED THOUGHTS:
Volunteers make youth ministry possible. Without them, the church would suffer and youth ministry trips wouldn’t happen. Here are a few ways you can care for volunteers on your next trip:
- Bring a stash of their favorite drinks and snacks.
- Pack a go bag for each volunteer with helpful things, like ChapStick, gum, travel sized sunscreen, earplugs, etc.
- Build into the schedule a daily personal check-in for just your volunteers.
- Drop them an encouraging note in the middle of the trip.
- Ask their spouse and friends back home to send an encouraging text to them mid-trip.
- Prepare an emergency nap-time for any volunteers that need it during the trip.
- Have a “Thank You” bag or gift ready for them when they get home.
Join us this year for the National Youth Workers Convention in Cincinnati, OH for way more tips and ministry ideas from the 50+ seminars and training opportunities. Register early for NYWC to save BIG: NYWC.COM.
Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in the YS Blog are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the opinion or position of YS.