Baked Bean Bubble Blow
IT IS PRETTY MUCH WHAT IT SOUNDS LIKE!
A LOT OF BEANS, A LITTLE BIT OF BUBBLE GUM!
A WHOLE LOT OF LAUGHS AND PHOTO OPPORTUNITIES!
- 2 Extra Large Cans of Baked Beans
- 2 Pie Pans/Bowls
- 1 Bag of Chewing Gum
- A Tarp or Drop Cloth
- Unwrap an equal amount (5-10) of chewing gum and place at the bottom of your container
- Empty a can of baked beans into each container, covering the gum
- Place your tarp on the floor
- Place your containers on the tarp equal distance apart
Object of the Game
Players “bob” for pieces of chewing gum in a pan/bowl full of baked beans. After collecting as much gum as they think they need, they will then chew and blow the biggest bubble possible!
- Have 2 volunteers come to the front
- Explain the simple rules
- Have them get on their hands and knees behind the containers
- And “GO!” Let the Fun Begin!
DAN ISTVANIK is the 5th to 8th-grade pastor at Victory Church in Lancaster, PA. He has been working in youth ministry for over 20 years serving churches in Pennsylvania, Louisiana, Wisconsin, Ohio, and Virginia. Besides serving in the local church setting he is also the youth ministry content writer for Parent Ministry.Net, along with being a contributor to a variety of other great youth ministry resources like Youthworker Journal, Group Magazine, Download Youth Ministry, and more. Additional he shares daily Jr. high/middle school ministry specific resources, and hints on his own blog “The Middle Years” at: www.middleyearsministry.com
Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in the YS Blog are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the opinion or position of YS.