Most recent reason I was fired (or almost fired)
We left this open question on a table at NYWC 2007. Here are some answers.
- For letting a student pee in a water bottle so the van didn’t have to stop on the way to camp.
- Reaching the “wrong kids.”
- Forgetting to pay for the gas at the pump. Got pulled over by the state police.
- I told my pastor that he was the worst thing that ever happened to the church. While it was the truth I found out that the truth does indeed set you free.
- A student shot a red cinnamon bear out of the van at a neighboring car.
- Because I didn’t clean the kitchen
- Students were breaking into cars in the church parking lot
- The music was too loud in the sanctuary
- Couldn’t justify my salary because I was only ministering to 7 youth and 30 children
- Poker tournament
- Was it when I flooded the church after falling asleep while the baptistery was filling? No. Was it after leaving a student at a rest stop on purpose? No. Was it when I went behind the trustees back to make a major purchase? No. Was it that I sensed my students were apathetic and raised the bar? Yes!
- Because I moved some crafts to another room because of dodge ball night.
- The pastor’s wife had a crush on me
- For teaching theology and not dumbing it down
What about you? Got a reason you were fired? (Or almost fired)
Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in the YS Blog are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the opinion or position of YS.