My Students Top 10 Favorite Worship Songs Last Year:
One of the things I love the most about the students I am currently serving is their love for worshipping/ worship music. They are constantly sending me song suggestions, and it doesn’t take long to figure out their favorites. Last year, their absolute favorite was O Come to the Altar by Elevation Worship. They would have worshipped with that one during every single gathering if they had their way. Here is a list of my student’s top 10 favorite worship songs from last year. These are the ones they wanted to sing over and over again. Aside from O Come to the Altar, these are in no particular order.
- O Come to the Altar– Elevation Worship
- Marching On– Rend Collective
- Echo– Elevation Worship Featuring Tauren Wells
- Glorious Day– Passion
- Reckless Love– Cory Asbury
- Resurrection Day– Rend Collective
- Who You Say I Am– Hillsong Worship
- Your Love Awakens Me– Phil Wickham
- Let Go– Hillsong Young and Free
- So Will I – Hillsong United
Also, here is a link to our 2018 playlist on Spotify!
What have been your students favorite songs to sing in worship? What have been some songs that have “retired”? New songs can invite curiosity, imagination, and engagement. Let’s keep opening our eyes to dynamic ways we can help students encounter God in worship!
Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in the YS Blog are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the opinion or position of YS.