Puppet Master Charades
- Note Cards
- Egg Timer or Countdown Clock
Object of the Game
Players will be using their partner as a puppet to play charades, to get their team to guess the answer in the time allowed.
Write down a variety of clues or go and purchase a pre-made charades/charades-like game.
- Divide the group up into 2 equal teams.
- Explain the simple rule…
- Partners will come to the front.
- One person will stand behind the other and use them as a puppet to act out the assigned charade clue.
- Their group will have only a certain amount of time (30-60 seconds- your choice) to correctly guess the clue.
- Switch back and forth between teams.
- Play as many rounds as you like and time allows.
- Usual charades rules apply.
- No speaking.
- No acting out letter of numbers.
Hints and Tips
- List of Charades ideas online
- Switch around having kids puppet parents at some point during the game.
DAN ISTVANIK is the 5th to 8th-grade pastor at Victory Church in Lancaster, PA. He has been working in youth ministry for over 20 years serving churches in Pennsylvania, Louisiana, Wisconsin, Ohio, and Virginia. Besides serving in the local church setting he is also the youth ministry content writer for Parent Ministry.Net, along with being a contributor to a variety of other great youth ministry resources like Youthworker Journal, Group Magazine, Download Youth Ministry, and more. Additional he shares daily Jr. high/middle school ministry specific resources, and hints on his own blog “The Middle Years” at: www.middleyearsministry.com
Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in the YS Blog are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the opinion or position of YS.