Warning Signs of a Dry Soul
Many of us have found ourselves in a time where we felt spiritually dry. Here are some warning signs that you might be slipping into one:
1. Spending more time talking about prayer than actually praying.
2. Private prayers begin to start sounding like “nice” public prayers (prayers before the meeting, prayers at the end of the message, etc.)
3. Reading the Bible only when preparing a message or Bible study.
4. Living a life so fast and so cluttered there is no time for cultivating the inner life that people don’t see.
5. “Third-person reading”: reading nor for what god can say to you, but for what you can say when you speak to students.
6. Inner exhaustion that leads to outer crankiness and cynicism.
7. A loss of wonder.
8. Increasing work with decreasing joy.
What have you found are the best ways to keep yourself from letting your sould go dry?
Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in the YS Blog are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the opinion or position of YS.