Whiteboard Session | Strategies for Planning Your Day As A Youth Worker
Welcome to this week’s edition of YS Whiteboard. We just want to take a few minutes to talk shop with youthworkers so we can all do a little bit to get a little better at what we do each week.
This week Shef is breaking down simple hacks for creating your ideal week. Everybody can get more out of their weeks with less effort if we just step back and look at our “When”. Start to understand what works for you by drawing up your own IDEAL WEEK.·
- Start with your PERSONAL “Have-To’s.” These are personal priorities for you to be who you need to be each day. Quiet Time, Family Time, Exercise, etc.
- Next – Put in your WORK “Have-To’s” – These are your standing meetings during each week.
- Next – Give yourself time to “Start-up” and “Shut Down” each day.
- Next – Don’t’ fight your RHYTHM. You have times each day when you’re at your best. Put those high priority work items in those spots the best you can.
- Finally – LUNCH! Everybody has a trough or a dip of effectiveness each day. That time is right around lunch. Be strategic about lunch. Get away from your work, take a nap, exercise, call a friend…whatever you can do to get the most out of the second part of your day.
Purchase Daniel Pink’s book, When, here.
Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in the YS Blog are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the opinion or position of YS.