YWTC (Youth Worker Texting Codes)
My friend Jonathan McKee posted something on his blog called, Senior Citizen Short codes, which are totally hilarious. Here's a sample:
- BYOT: Bring Your Own Teeth
- GHA: Got Heartburn Again
- ROFL… CGU: Rolling On The Floor Laughing…Can't Get Up
- WTP: Where's The Prunes?
But that made me start to think about the texts I exchange with my youth worker friends. Maybe we need our own code words?
- AFNP – Ask forgiveness not permission
- AWOL – Missing Senior Pastors kid
- AWOLA – Missing Senior Pastors kid again
- AWOLAIDC -Missing Senior Pastors kid again I don't care
- BFF – Been Fundraising forever
- BRB – Brought wrong Bible
- BTW – By the weekend
- CUL8R – Clean-up later
- FML – Found missing leader
- LMAO – Loving my “awesome” office
- GTG – Glory to God!
- LOL – Lost leader
- MD – Missionary dating
- MSSF – Middle Schooler Smells Funky
- NFBF – Not funny but funny
- NBUP – Need back-up plan
- OMG – Outrageously messy game
- PUPZ – Pick-up pizza
- SMH – So many hormones
- SOL – Sanctuary off limits
- SPOS – Senior Pastor over shoulder
- TMI – That's mildly inappropriate
- TTYL – Talk to your leader
- WTF – Where's the fire?
What are we missing?
Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in the YS Blog are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the opinion or position of YS.